Need suggestions about replacing a Classe' 2200

I'm quite pleased with my Classe' Delta 2200 stereo amp, but an upgrade itch has started and I'm interested in hearing from people who have owned this amp and upgraded.

My current system consists of Thiel CS3.7 speakers (require minimum of 200 wpc, IMHO),conrad-johnson CT5 preamp (requires an amp with a minimum input impedance of 20k ohms)Meinter bidat, CEC TL5100 transport, Harmonic Tech wiring and Shunyata power cords and conditioning. This is a highly accurate and resolving system. My room is average sized (16feet wide, 17 feet deep)and a bit bright.

I've gotten mixed feedback from friends as to whether I'd actually hear a significant difference if I went to monoblocs. Normally, I let my own ears be the judge, but, frankly, flipping amps of this size is not something I relish doing much. I'd like a little bit of guidance based upon the EXPERIENCE of others.
vhiner

Showing 1 response by davt

I have the CA2200 and it is a wonderful amp. I chose it for my system over the Pass 250.5, Mac402, Sim W7 and Nagra PSA. If I was to look at something in a mono-bloc I would probably audition the Classe M400 and would love to try the Pass XA60 but would not pull the trigger on either without a home audiition. The XA60 would be my first choice to audition but again, would not purchase without an audition in the home.