Need new tweeters for Focal 1007Be

HELP!!! my 18 months old destroyed both of them. Any idea where I can buy them and for how much ? Any help much appreciated.
kamilo

Showing 3 responses by bifwynne

This thread sparked my curiosity. Not sure where Scan-Speak drivers are made. Maybe Sweeden. Anyway, here's a link to the Scan-Speak on line store. I think the quoted price for their Beryllium tweeter is Kr 3,465.00 (inc tax). If the currency is Krona, the US dollar exchange equivalent is about $520, and that's retail.

http://www.scan-speak-store.dk/en/tweeter/108-d2908714000.html

I think Focal is gouging.
Dorado ... is that $950 for just one tweeter or a matched pair? Even if a matched pair, what does Focal do ... encase the tweets in gold, platinum and diamonds?

Paradigm manufactures its own drivers, including beryllium tweeters for its Signature line. For some reason, I seem to recall that a Be tweet is half the price of a Focal.

Another source of Be tweets is Scan-Speak. Not suggesting that the OP use anything other than a Focal tweeters. Just curious about pricing.
Peter .... agree that OP should not swap any other driver or component into his Focals unless a genuine Focal part. As I said above, "[n]ot suggesting that the OP use anything other than a Focal tweeter. Just curious about pricing."

Still scratching my head about how Focal comes off charging $950. Maybe it's for a pair. Hard to believe one driver, even one with a Be dome, could cost that much.

Cheers,

Bruce