Need help re Quad 909 Binding Posts

I would like to replace them but the shop I have used locally (ACI in the metro Washington, DC area) does not want to take on the job. Any suggestions for shops in MD or VA suburbs of DC, or in DC? (The posts don't take anything other than bare wire very well, and even that method of connection gives me pause, because the holes in the posts do not go all the way through.) Thanks!
adamsmo

Showing 2 responses by roc_doc

I too own the 909, and had the same frustration. I went a much cheaper (and lazier) way: the side hole made for bare wire fits one of the prongs of my spade cables. The other prong stradles the side mount, away from the other output post for the respective channel. In fact, the geometry of the back of the amp also serves to hold it snug in place. I covered the other ("free") prong with some insulating caps, and it seems to work OK. Not ideal, I know, but a whole lot easier than changing the binding posts. You will leave a mark on the spade prong that goes in from the fastener, but if that's OK for you it may at least be a temporary solution.
Of course, if I set my house on fire doing this I will give you an update...
Ozzy: I must be missing something. The problem is for the 909 the fact that it does not take spades, not the reverse. What is needed is the revers conversion.