Nagaoka MP-150 vs MP-200

I recently upgraded my turntable which came with a Naga MP-150.  I like the 150, but can't help wondering how much difference a 200 stylus would make.  For anyone with experience with both, I welcome your thoughts. (Previously I had a Signet TK5e for many years, which I was happy with. Anyone happen to know what current cartridge would be closest sounding to that?)
128x128xs1137

Showing 3 responses by xs1137

Scott,   thanks for the link.  Just trying to figure where I'll get the most improvement for the next $ I spend, since my budget is currently limited.  Under consideration are the MP-200 stylus or upgraded NOS preamp tubes.  :)
Thanks to all that shared their experience. I realize the only sure way to evaluate is to try in my system, but since I don’t have a removable head shell, it’s kind of a PITA to set up the carts properly multiple times. As mentioned, my longtime cart was a Signet, which I was pleased with. The Naga MP-150 is different...the top end seems somewhat rolled off compared to what I’m accustomed to, though I am hearing at least as much detail, and I enjoy everything else about it. I was hoping to get a general idea of what, if any, difference the MP-200 stylus would bring. Otherwise I suppose I just have to figure out whose house sound I prefer, Naga or AT. :)
@ Nandric I appreciate you took the time to reply. When I messaged you I asked of your opinions about the Signets, as Chakster said you were very familiar with them. Your reply was that you had some for sale, though didn’t mention any pricing. If you can offer insight about how they sound and compare (I know about the history), or even what you would charge for one, that I am interested in.  At this point I am just looking for information.