NAD C270

Hello everyone. I have a dilema which I am hoping someone here can help me with. I have been listening through my mid-fi system for the past several years and have been happy with it. My system consists of a NAD c340 integrated amp, NAD c520 CD player and a pair of B&W 601 speakers. Recently I decided to upgrade my system but not neceseraly change everything. I went to several shops in my area and everyone has given me different opinions. One said to change my speakers, the other to change my inter connects while the third told me to add the c270 power amp. Basically, all I want is to improve the sound that I hear without breaking the bank. So what do you people think I should do? Thanks.
mrjimmy26

Showing 2 responses by phasecorrect

Although a new source upgrade is never a bad choice for improvement...I would have to say in terms of transparency, coherency, and overall musical involvement...I would opt for new speakers...Epos m12s or even the older models before this one (El2 ?) would be a nice addition...they are often found used for 5-600 USD...as would SPendor 3/5s...if your NAD CD is close to 5yrs old...even a new cd/dvd with a 24/96 DAC will surpass it...
ALso...I auditioned the latest 601 version vs. the older cdm 2...and the cdm was clearly the better performer...they go used for around $4-500...if u want to stay with the classic B&W sound...Epos also has a new budget monitor...els 3 I believe good luck...