NAD 3020 What to do with it ???

Hi Folks, I have just joined and this is my first time here. I have an NAD 3020 I bought in 1980 (I think) and has been in constant use since then. No longer need it as I have gone a bit nuts buying new equiptment this past year. It has some dirt in the volume pod (crackles a bit) and some other switching but works good still as far as I can tell. What should I do with it?? It must need new caps or some type of refurbishing at 30 years + and I only paid $200.00 for it. Is it worth it to spend any money on it or should I just pitch it, seem a shame as it still works fine. Thank you any and all that respond to this. It is appreciated!! Cheers, DMacG in Canada
dmacg

Showing 2 responses by bank738

The 3020 is a great little performer. I too have one from the early 80's. After serving me for many years, it sat in the basement for a couple of year, and then found a home back in college with my son's friend. Nice to know one of us is still enjoying their youth. I am picking it up this week, and it is moving in with my dad as I assemble a system for him from some stored gear I have in the basement. Pay it forward my friend!
Mine sat for quite a few years in the box, and I took it out last summer to help get my son's friend get going on his vinyl rig, and it worked great! Good luck.