My system is ... well, not ready

Hi Everyone,

A lot of you have been asking me to look at my system, and it’s been an absolute mess in this apartment. However!! I am moving, and I have posted the new living/listening room up in the Systems part of Audiogon. I’m 3 weeks from occupying that space, so please be patient as it will take a while to clutter it up with electronics. :)

Right now the plan is to put the TV in the bay window. It only looks at the neighbors, so I don’t mind giving it up, flanked by GIK acoustics soffit traps and standalone panels, as well as adding curtains in all the windows and doors and ceiling mounted panels.

The room is about 13' by 17' and I'll be taking lots of measurements as I go along. :)

Best,

E
erik_squires
3 1/2 hours later and I have 3 ports in the house enabled.  Only took a punch down tool and Ethernet test kit.
A week after moving in, I have installed a whole-house surge suppressor.

Siemens has a hard to find unit called "BoldShield" which are in panel protectors. $150 at HD or Lowe's currently.

I learned two things:

1. Surge suppressors are required as of NEC 2020, including remodeling work.
  2. You can use multiple BoltShields, to give protection across ground AND neutral and increase the current protection before it's completely disabled. This seems like expensive excess to me.
"  This seems like expensive excess to me."

Hello Erik,

Isn't 'expensive excess' the standard operating procedure in this hobby?  

Enjoy,
 Tim
Tim,

My family fortune going into acoustic panels and air bearing chairs so the reverberation of my buttocks does not interfere with the palladium cable lifters is NOT EXCESSIVE!!

Erik
Post removed