Musicality" in a system? What IS that ?

I thought I would venture to bring a question in, the interest in which unites us all. What has happened, when we describe a system as "musical"? Is it just a subjective and passing state of mind, which fills us with joy as we listen and if so, what does it need for us to get there? System tweaking perhaps or rahter "ego tweaking" like good company, a good wine, a good cigar etc? Both perhaps? Or could there be objective criteria, which have to met for a system to attain this often elusive and volatile quality? I am convinced that there are...but to your mind, what are they?
detlof

Showing 1 response by angela100

KD,
For me, it’s that moment when you’re listening with someone that “gets it” and you’re sharing the sweet spot. It comes to a passage in the music where you both elbow one another slightly or give that “whoa, did you hear that?” look to one another while listening. I tend to close my eyes a lot when listening, so for me, it’s also those times that cause you to open your eyes. You know those moments, when you hear something that you never heard before or you can’t believe what just moved around the room? You can have those listening alone, too, of course, but for me, it’s magnified when you can share the experience.
It really is like meditation, everything else melts away (even it’s just for a little while). and, a good wine doesn't hurt, either :-)
kind regards -