Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista vs. ARC CD 3

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody has compared these two units in redbook mode. I would like to try SACD, but, as my collection is 99.99% redbook, if I make a change, I would like it to also be an "upgrade" in redbook playback as well.

Also, to throw in one more complication, I am using an all Audio Research system in balanced mode, so the Tri-Vista would mean running a SE input into the pre amp which will then output a balanced signal to my XLR only amps. So, the second part of the equation would be possible degradation of the sound due to not really having a balanced signal? I suppose my ARC preamp would be generating a "psudo" balanced output? I do not have my pre amp's schematic, so I do not know how this is done, I know that my existing CD player uses a DAC chip that has an inverted output, so it is truely a balanced player.

If there is another SACD player in this price range I should consider, please let me know, if I do make a change, I want to have SACD capabilty as well. Also, I would like to keep my pre-amp in the system, so more expensive units that go direct to the amps would not be considered.

Thanks,

Ron
rlips

Showing 1 response by jrd351