Music Culture mc 501A Dual CD and USB player

I've researched this unit on the internet and the Audiogon site but Im looking for first hand information either positive or negative from Audiogon members. Your thoughts please regarding Music Culture mc 501A Dual CD and USB player?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xlak

Showing 2 responses by rcprince

Same guy; I believe he has a couple of corporate identities. I heard the MC component system (CD, integrated, speakers) at Mike's house a few years ago and thought it was a very nice-sounding, well-balanced system. Mike is very good and fair to deal with, as well; I bought my VAC amplifier and Nola speakers from him.
Thanks. It really sounds great, even in a small (12 by 15) untreated room. I got the Micro Grand References (Carl assured me they were designed for rooms of my size) and the Phi 200, and am stunned by how good they sound together using a Shindo Monbrisson preamp. I don't have quite the scale/slam of my old system (which was in a much larger room and presented a huge soundstage and bass down to 18Hz), but the new system keeps me listening for hours at a time and gets out of the way of the music to the point that I am not thinking of equipment, tweaks, or room treatments, just the performances. They do all the audiophile stuff exceedingly well too, but my last sentence is my highest recommendation for any system.

Mike Oltz was great about letting me listen for an extended time at his place to a few different Nola speakers, including the Boxers, KOs and the Metro References, driven by VAC electronics, and he gave me a great deal on the package when I decided I simply had to have one of the ribbon tweeter models. I recommend him highly if you're in the market for the brands he carries.