MSB select II vs all dacs ?

Wherever I read I see unanimous praise for the MSB Select II. Of course this DAC is super pricey and out of the reach of many (including me). I wanted to know for anyone who has heard it have you also heard a DAC that approached it in sonic performance? One name that was thrown around by a few people I know is the  Rockna Wavedream. Anyone make that comparison?
smodtactical
yyzsantabarbara, 

I agree it seems manufacturers are jacking up the price. Several years ago I was told that manufacturers believe if a price isn't high enough,  some in this hobby won't take it seriously. In my experience sometimes the higher priced component sounds better and sometimes it doesn't. 
Good points by all. I agree price is necessarily indicative of quality or performance. But MSB Select 2 is regarded by many as the best thats why for something 1/10 of the price to compete in anyones eyes is quite an accomplishment.

I mean I don't think you'll find anyone who prefers the schiit modi over the schiit yggy2. But the price difference is similarly massive.
@worldwidewholesales 

here is what Bob (Rhapsody) said to me regarding the MSB, CEC and Rockna.

>>>i did not go into any drastic back and forth comparison. But once i got the CEC i just never went back to the MSB because i was just totally satisfied.<<<<

then he also added;

>>>the weird thing is a couple months later i got the Rockna and the same thing happend.<<<<

then;

>>>my digital really sounds good to me and it almost doesn't matter what dac i use.<<<<

what he doesn't say is that the MSB represented a chunk of cash sitting there and he is a dealer to sell stuff.

just putting Bob's comments in a bit of a context as it's hardly proof of any sort of ranking.....as you would then build your case with. i love Bob's casual attitude toward all this great gear, but is he who we use to determine which dac we prefer?

i guess it depends on what case you are trying to make.

have a nice day.
Hi mikelavigne,
We are not trying to make any case but rather stated very clearly the following;
Again that was just one persons opinion and there is no "best" and I stress this because of the obvious. Different rooms, different ears, different pairing of equipment and different taste in music.

We think there are are some other very good dacs available including Mola Mola and the Total dac. Rockna makes a great dac but we really like it when matched with the Rockna Wavedream server.
Cheers,
@worldwidewholesale 

when you, a distributor of brands (CEC and Rockna), are posting about them relative to other competing products and starting your post as follows;

Hi,
One of our stores in NY, Rhapsody Music, did do a direct comparison and here was his conclusion.

what are we, as end users, to conclude? that your intention is NOT to make a case? :-)

i do agree with your later post that we are speaking about one person's opinion. and this person is one of your dealers.