MSB DAC IV or dCS Paganini

I've recently auditioned the MSB DAC DAC IV signature and found it pretty amazing in its analog and musical presentation, which was clearly superior to my dCS Puccini. I'm wondering if some of you have compared the more expensive dCS set, the paganini to MSB DAC IV.
alfredbac

Showing 3 responses by jon2020

Alfredbac,
Were you using your Puccini with the U-clock? If not, you have not optimised the performance of the Puccini. May be cheaper to just get the U-clock and return the MSB if it turns out that the Puccini/U-clock combo sounds just as good if not better. For the Paganini to sound its best, you should get it plus the Paganini clock.
From the latest issue of Hi-Fi Choice, a British publication, the Paganini stack of transport, DAC, upsampler and Master clock won a most enthusiastic review. It is very unlikely you would go wrong with the Paganini. Have fun!
Kops,

It is interesting to note the vast disparity in listening experience where the MSB is concerned. But if you have more people auditioning with you and they all came to the same conclusion, then I would go with your conclusion. Guess I'll stick to dCS.

Jon