Moving from 120 VAC to 220 VAC operation on Krell monoblocks

Just read an interesting article from MBL regarding audio benefits for operating power amplifier at 220 VAC on dedicated electrical circuit. http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how-to-wire-your-house-for-good-power/

Also read on the Gon that Dan d’Agostino has voiced the sound of the FPB amp series by operating them at 220 VAC. 

I currently own a pair of Krell FPB-350 MCX monoblocks which operate on 120 VAC dedicated circuits (14 gauge wire). Contacted Krell and they indicated dip switch positions for operating the amps on 220 VAC. The MBL paper suggests to wire 220 VAC dedicated circuit using 10 gauge wire to reduce electrical noise and amplifier modulation of electrical circuit.

While the theory seem to be valid and before rewiring my dedicated circuits, I would like to have some Krell amp owners comment on the benefit of going to 220 VAC operation for those who have performed the mod.

128x128dasign

Showing 2 responses by schubert

Thank you dasign . I grew up on farm in NY 50 miles from Montreal .
Been there hundreds of times , beyond doubt , the best city in North America with a great Symphony Orch .
My uncle used to play classical music from Montreal because it calmed
the cows down, Mozart was their Favorite , we always sad the cows spoke French .
Had a landed immigrant visa once upon a time, letting family talk me out of it was biggest mistake I ever made .

Go Canadians (Senators too) !