Most overlooked part of your system?

Can good power cords and inter connects make that much of a difference? What are some good low cost options? How about the outlet you plug your gear into? What do you use? Where do you get them? What about Isolation platforms - to eliminate vibration. I plan on bringing a dedicated line for my system. Will a 15 amp breaker be sufficient or should I use a 20? I am only plugging in two pieces - an integrated amp and a CD player. You can spend more on cables and inter connects than what you spend on your gear ... I just wonder if is worth it. your thoughts...
mattcone

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

Two runs of 10-2 Romex from a 20A breaker to two Leviton Hospital Grade outlets(soon to upgrade to Oyaide or Isoclean). The gauge of the Romex made a MAJOR difference in dynamics when coupled with PS Audio xStream Plus SC, Zu Cable Mother PCs(I'm on a budget) and my Audio Magic Stealth XXX conditioner. Of course: I've got a lot more current draw than you, based on your system's description. YES- The right interconnects(ie: Kimber Hero per your low cost desire) and power cables WILL make a big difference in a resolving system. However: I'd have to say that the room/speaker interface is the most important and(commonly) overlooked component in most audio chains.