moscode 300 hypbrid? Worthwhile?

I recently saw a moscode 300 150w per channel hybrid amp on Fleabay... I am a rocker primarily. I currently have an onkyo tx-8522 receiver (please don't laugh it's paid for lol) pushing 2 koss cm-1030's. I plan on replacing the transducers in the koss cabinets with morel dome mids, tweets, and woofers. Also plan on building a crossover with the correct points based on the koss design (nice to have some eq at the speaker level). Would I be wasting money on this? This is a vinyl only system with the occasional duty from a computer source. I realize that as loud as I like my music the tubes are pretty much out of the question as a primary amplification source. That said I really like the tube sound... Is this a logical step?
bc5k

Showing 1 response by fdriver

I've owned Moscode 300 and 600 amplifiers. They are very musical sounding amps with plenty of power. Since they are hybrids, they have a unique sound that has been described by some as romantic with good bass. (I can attest to the strong bass).

The original creator (George Kaye) still supports them, as well as manufacturing his own brand of Moscodes. His site also has lots of interesting history behind the design and other NYAL prodcuts:
http://www.kayeaudiolabs.com/