moscode 300 hypbrid? Worthwhile?

I recently saw a moscode 300 150w per channel hybrid amp on Fleabay... I am a rocker primarily. I currently have an onkyo tx-8522 receiver (please don't laugh it's paid for lol) pushing 2 koss cm-1030's. I plan on replacing the transducers in the koss cabinets with morel dome mids, tweets, and woofers. Also plan on building a crossover with the correct points based on the koss design (nice to have some eq at the speaker level). Would I be wasting money on this? This is a vinyl only system with the occasional duty from a computer source. I realize that as loud as I like my music the tubes are pretty much out of the question as a primary amplification source. That said I really like the tube sound... Is this a logical step?
bc5k

Showing 1 response by bc5k

currently with my stock (re vamped crossovers) koss cm 1030's my onkyo tx-8522 is really good sounding... like much better sounding than you would expect... With all the new proposed drivers being between 88-90db/1 watt efficient; I suppose this amp should probably be a fairly decent choice. I am not much of a horn guy as my listening area is simply too small. I am definitely a direct radiating dome fan. With 2 dome mid ranges; two dome tweets and an 89db efficient 10; I suspect my setup to definitely fall into the less sensitive category. In stock form the manufacturers claim is 96db/watt sensitivity and a max spl of over 123... I can definitely account for the max SPL... I want to make them a little more laid back with more and cleaner power and add to my wanna be hi-fi system.