More output from Analog set up, MC Transformer?

I am pretty happy with my set up of Origin Live Oasis S/Illustrious/ Koetsu Rosewood Signature into a Clearaudio Reference phono stage, Conrad johnson Premier 17, Pass labs Aleph 3, Living Voice Avatar speakers, cabling is Acoustic Zen. i am happy with it, but the Clearaudio is rated at 57db of gain and the CJ needs the wick cranked up to 50 to 60/100 for a good output.
The koetsu is rated at .6mv of gain, I am not convinced, I feel it is probably lower. The sound lacks a little oomph. The set up is detailed and polite and that's the way I like it, but the analog sound is a little too polite. I do'nt want to change the basic set up, it makes a great sound, but do you think an MC transformer would give the sound a bit more grunt, if so which? Presumably I only need 10 to 20db of extra gain. Am I completely on the wrong track, looking to a transformer to improve things? Thanks for any advise
david12

Showing 4 responses by audio999

I prefer step-up transformer as well.

If you can afford the best,you should buy Kondo KSL-SFZ.
"any SUT do a heavy degradation on the signal that comes from your cartridge. Period."

Raul,

Listening is the only count not spech !!

My Xono has a MM/MC and when i use Step Up to the MM,it's much better than directly to the MC. It's not just better,MUCH better !
I'm not counting/hearing quantity with using SUT.
When i said "much better", i meant the quality !

"I already try/test at least ten of the best SUT ever made, including Expressive technologies."

It's funny that you had tried top TEN SUT ! If you didn't like the first three,you would had given up.

No need to push others with your believe !!

"It is unusefull to continue this dialogue"

Raul, you are just frustated and confused ! Stop lying around and let his ears decide it!