modified jolida 100, mh cd-25, or audio aero prima

I am in the process of researching a new cd player for my system and see to many choices. My system consists of marantx sr8000 as a pre, mca 50 amp, paradigm 80's front, 40's rear, and cc. I listen to music/Ht 50/50. I would like a good red book cd player for my system. I see some very good reviews for both the modified Jolida and MH. I am also interested in the audio aero prima. My budget is in the 1k to 2K range. The modified players seem very reasonable. My location does not permit me to audition these players. Your experience and expertise would be appreciated.
89lotus

Showing 2 responses by milindks

Hi,

Just following this thread for a while, listened to Stock jolida, Midrange, sounstage is great for stock unit, The only problem was Bass, today ordered modified one, looking forward to your impression of this player with these new tubes.

Thanks,

Milind
Hi Muralman1,

There is no doubt that this is musical CD player, The stock jolida is itself a very good player, I heard Aracm FMJ 23T, CD-72 with Bel Canto, Rega Jupiter and Planet, They have their own strength and weaknesses, Any day I will buy Stock jolda over these payers, just because how musical it is, the vocals and soundstage are like no other CD Player, In that area its in a different league, I know more than these mods, the tubes will make lot of difference and svetlanas can be bettered by other tubes, I believe in your judgement, your experience with all these tubes will help me in getting the better tubes, so whenever (even a month) anyone thinks its a right time to post impressions about the new tubes, it will help the newcomers like me, that's the only point.

Regards,

Milind