Mockery of Audiophiles

I enjoy the diaglog on this site as much as anyone however does anyone out there remember a Steve Martin routine on the issue of Audio 'quest for perfect sound'?

It started with him aquiring a 'stereo' then he upgrades to a 'quadrophonic' system. Finally his quest for speaker upgrades ends in a 'Gogolphonic' system. He then questions if it might be the needle! and opts for a moonrock needle over the typical 'diamond' needle. His conclusion? Great for the car but wouldn't want it int he house!

If any of you know where this could be obtained even in a MP3 or other electronic format I would love to get a copy.

Thanks in advance.
keithcady

Showing 1 response by angela100

Hey, Keith, thanks for the laugh! and great title for a thread, got me running in to see what it was all about :)

never saw that one, but I did see one where he brought home a date to his house (which he got a good deal on when he purchased it from some circus people). The rooms were not tall enough to stand in and he climbed into the fireplace to stand up. He then went over to the built-in bookshelves where he had a turntable and there was JUST enough room from the top of the spindle to the bottom of the shelf above to insert a record......
I wonder what kind of system he really has.....