Micro Seiki, or TW AC-1

I'm trying to decide between Micro Seiki RX 5000 and TW AC-1.
They are approx. the same price used (about $10K)
Both are belt drive.
Unfortunately, I don't have a first hand experience with either of the tables.
You can see my current set-up in my system page.
The reason, I want to make a change from DD TT to belt drive is just to try a different approach.
Also, I have a feeling, that the bass would be one of the areas, where MS and TW might have an edge over my current DD Technics SP-10 MkII
My endeavor into analog is fairly new, so I'm not sure what my final choice in analog would be, unless I try it in my own system.
What I'm really interested in is the following:
Sonic differences b/w MS, TW and Technics SP-10 MkII
Reliability
Service availability.
maril555

Showing 3 responses by rsf507

I've had the pleasure of hearing a MS table and as Dev has pointed out the speed accuracy is pitch perfect, can't say that about many of today's tables, unfortunately.
Lewm you are correct it's a perceived feeling of perfect pitch and yes this was hard to initially tell until it was heard and then it's easy to understand. It's like most people don't understand or hear polarity but once understood I can tell if a song is in or out of phase.
Listen to an SME 10 then a Lenco or most DD tables and you begin to understand having a correct speed is extremely important to the sound of a piano. I'll be the first to admit I never understood this until I moved away from a belt drive table myself and with the help of others opened my ears and it all became clear.
I've been following this thread and have always been interested in a TW table but now hearing from current owners who say they know their tables are not "spot on" and previous owners who say TWs are dark and lifeless I think I'll look elsewhere.