Micro Mega Stage 1,2 or 3 owners HELP ME

I have the Micro Mega (don't hear it mentioned at all, on the 'gon.'twas highly recommended in Stereophile, which led me to buying it) for the last 6 years, and have been extremely happy with the sound. Maybe ignorance is bliss, because when I hear other CD players, I'm listening to a host of other eletronics, speakers, (you know the deal here) and other stuff. I would love to hear from Micro Mega owners, first hand, (unless of course, audiogoners have some real reliable second hand info) what CD players they, if any, have upgraded to, and what they're hearing now, that wasn't happening before? Thanks in advance, warren
128x128warrenh

Showing 1 response by mark-merrifield-123d

I have used a micromega stage2 for last eight years and have never felt the need to ugrade.The transport sticking can easily be remedied by cleaning and re-lubricating the transport as micromega used the wrong sort of lube which dries out and causes tracking (reliabilty?)problems.I hope this will help many owners out there who think the micro mega was badily designed. So if you find one going cheap just grab it,you know what to do.