McIntosh MX-132 Auto Detect 2 channel vs. DD/DTS??

Hello,

I just received my first McIntosh MX-132 tonight, and I must say paired with my MC-7205 it sounds amazing in two channel and surround modes! I did find one major drawback, though, and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me deal with it.

The MX-132 will remember which playback mode it is in when you switch inputs, but it will not automatically switch playback modes depending on what type of media is playing. Here's what I want it to do:
1. Switch to 2-channel when I play music
2. Switch to Cinema (DD/DTS) when I play TV/movies

I'm using a computer as a source for everything (music, TV, movies), so I don't switch sources for different types of media. Is there any way to have the MX-132 do this?

Thanks,
Chris
128x128cjwessing
I have an MX-132, and I don't believe you can do that. I tried to figure that out before.
I was thinking about it more last night, and the best solution I can come up with is split my digital signal to two inputs on the MX-132. Keep one set at 'Stereo', and the other on 'Cinema', and then switch between inputs when I play music or movies. Unless there is a HEX code for my universal remote that will let met tell the MX-132 to go directly to STEREO or CINEMA, the original remote only lets you cycle through surround modes.

-Chris
Just read this in the MX-132 manual:
· Automatic Mode Switching
The MX132 automatically switches operating modes between
Stereo, Pro-Logic, Dolby Digital or DTS, according
to the input signal.

Any ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks!
Chris
I had a 132 and it will only auto switch on the digital input in MUSIC 1 if I remember correctly. It may be in the set up menu also. Call Chuck Hinton at McIntosh.
Just talked to Chuck, he recommended I assign the same digital input two two inputs (CD, DVD). Then have one of those inputs default to STEREO, and the other default to CINEMA. Then all I will have to do is switch inputs on the MX-132 when changing from music to movies.

I was worried that cycling through the output formats each time was going to be a deal-breaker for me, but I think that's a do-able work around.

Thanks,
Chris