mcintosh mc2505- need some advice

Hi- I am currently considering buying an mc2505- I have always loved the looks and from a visual point of view prefer this amp's proportions to those of the 2105- however, my concern is that 50 watts/channel might be a little low if I eventually want to hook them up to more demanding speakers- not a problem now (small listening room)but could become one later- does anyone if the 2505 can be bridged or used used as a mono amp for each speaker?
pgastone

Showing 1 response by pgastone

thank you all for all the info- I did not realize that this amp would be tricky to mate as I thought the autoformers, as in the 2105, took care of the impedance issues; in terms the speakers, I have a number of candidates that I am thinking of- ls 3/5a, acoustic energy AE-1, celestion sl700 or s6, sonus faber electa amator and a couple of others- these are all speakers I know well and love. Truth be told that initially, due to space constraint, I was thinking of hooking up a pair of gallo micro's, (i also own a pair of linn tukan's i might use)- are any of the above a reallygood/bad idea for the 2505's? and any other suggestions very welcome!

thanks again
PLG