McIntosh C2300 Power Cord Recommendation

I Just ordered a new C2300 and I just like to know what kind of power cord you guys recommend. Thank you.
miketuason

Showing 2 responses by bondmanp

I don't have a BSEE. I barely understand how electricity and electrical appliances function. But when I replaced the stock power cable on my McIntosh C220 preamp with an Empowered Cord by K-Works, I absolutely heard some clear, but subtle differences. The soundstage became more focused, and the level of detail retrieval improved, especially low level details. Remember, if the rest of your system is not highly resolving, you probably won't hear any difference in cables, but when your system is highly resolving, differences in cables and other connected items becomes clearly apparent. Notice that Notbananas has no system link, and did not provide a specific equipment list. Also, that "how could the last 5 feet of wire make a difference" thing is silly. Every stretch of wire has the potential to introduce extraneous noise into the attached components, so any improvement anywhere along the power-signal path has the potential to improve the performance of the attached equipment. Finally, to paraphrase Einstein: Not everything that counts can be measured, and not everything that can be measured counts.
Notbananas - What always makes me laugh at objectivists in this hobby is that they insist that they are correct, and subjectivists are wrong. If a subjectivist thinks he hears differences in amplifiers, cables, etc., it is only his imagination, like the old lady and the TV. By denying for others what they perceive with their own ears, the objectivists attempt to commandeer this hobby from its practitioners. A subjectivist, like myself, would never tell an objectivist he is wrong: If you don't hear the differences in cables or amplifiers, well, good for you. You can save thousands of dollars without losing any enjoyment from your audio system. Why can't the objectivists just allow the subjectivists to enjoy this hobby to the extent that they can? If we perceive differences in cables or amplifiers, why not allow us to enjoy whichever products make us happy? In the case of the OP, let him try some power cords. If he hears improvements, well, good for him. If he does not, he can stick with the factory-supplied cord. How does that hurt you, other than your ego as a scientific objectivist?