Mcintosh 1700

Hello all...

I am new to the Mc world so please bear with me

I just got a 1700 receiver from a buddy...I am setting up a 2 room 2 channel in each room system

I have B&W in ceiling speakers in the kitchen..

Totem Arros in the livingroom

and a Musical Fidelity X ray cd

Here are my questions

1) Is this Rec good to drive this system....and is it a good product in general

2) Should i have the rec serviced, it appears to work ok but i dont know what good sounds like for one of these old guys

3) what kind of things should i be looking for...or how can i check to see if it is running well

4) whats the best way to set up an antenna...can i hook the mc to cable in some way....

5) is it ok to hook the 4 speakers to this thing?

thanks for your help

elliot
Ag insider logo xs@2xefoo

Showing 2 responses by efoo

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback....

I finally have this thing all hooked up ....I listened to it for a while and i noticed that the left channel is much more quiet than the right.....so I am thinking i need to have this thing checked out....i was thinking about sending it to audioclassics in binghampton....Any idea of the cost range i am going to pay to get this thing going....should i just start from scratch and buy a new recevier or int amp

I forgot to mention I have a rel strata sub woofer that i would like to hook up......
i found a guy locally to fix it for 340 ....turns out that a lot was going on ....and it had never been worked on simce it was new....will let you all know how it sounds...