Mastersound 300B and bass

I've been planning on getting a Mastersound amp for some time as I've heard the Due Venti integrated a while ago and liked it a lot. Went through as many reviews of all their amps and the 300B seems to be the one that everybody liked a lot.

The one downside it may have of what I gather is that the bass is lacking a little, which the rest of what it does may well make up for.

Still would like to find out what owners of 300B amps have to say about this and if you'd suggest some other amp that may be similar.

The Due Venti with the EL34's did go pretty low and I'm wondering if the 300B may be similar to that. I don't expect lots of punch but a good bass I like.

The amp will drive a pair of Living Voice Avatars in a not overly big room.

Would appreciate any input on this. Of course it doesn't have to be a Mastersound, just liked the one I've heard and was surprised how sweet it was.

Thanks
krauti

Showing 1 response by montejay

I have Coincident Frankenstein 300b monoblocks that have more than enough bass. Prior to these I had Denon 6600a 265 watt/side ss monoblocks. The bass was a concern to me at time of the switch.It took no time to realise the difference from big powerful bass to pure bass with impact.The bass the 300b's give you (depending obviously on speakers)is real and matches the presentation from the mids and highs.
I'll never look back.