Martin Logan CLS setup

I recently obtained a pair od Martin Logan CLS IIs and just wonder if you guys could get me some pointers on setting them up for optimum performance. My room is about 22' X 26' with a very high cathedral ceiling about 20 feet at the peak. The front wall where the speakers will be has a fireplace in between the speakers with a window on each side of it. Behind the listening chair is open into the kitchen and rest on the house. Any advice on distance from back and side wall etc room treatment??

Carey
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcarey1110

Showing 4 responses by carey1110

I've thinking of moving up in power at some point. The Audio Matiere is a tube amp and far out does its 60 watts however my plan to to go with a couple of 200 watt monoblocs from Tube Research. I'm not really having any trouble with volume levels but the bottom end could have a little more weight which I'm hope the extra power would help. The panels in these were replaced in 2001 and Martin logan told me the newer replacements are better, lighter and more responsive I don't know if that would be a significant step or not.
Right now my electronics consist of a Tube research preamp and an Audio Matiere power amp (60w class A)
Thankyou you have all been very helpful and giving a lot to consider. I will get back with you with the results.

Carey