Marantz SR-9600

Does anybody have any comments on this unit? I haven't seen any reviews but am considering it to replace my SR-9300.

I use external monoblock amplifiers for my front left and right channels so would be particularly interested in comments on the quality of the analogue preamp section for two-channel stereo.

Thanks.
baileyincanberra

Showing 1 response by geordidog

It has been quite a while since you started this thread so I am curious if you ever did the move to the SR9600? I am also contemplating this to use the processor part of the SR9600. I am also intrigued by their HDAM use. I currently own Parasound JC-1 monoblocks and an ATI 6-channel amp for the surrounds and sub. My processor is a Bryston Sp1.7. I am pleased with the sound but I wish to go the direct digital route to see if the SACD and DVD-A sound thru the firewire is improved over my analog playback of my Sony XA-777ES SACD player. I would use a Yamaha S2500 which has firewire. I also have a HD DVD player and would like to take advantage of the sound thru HDMI (Dolby HD.) Any response would be appreciated.