Marantz SA-1 SACD player....worth it ?

On market for a SACD player...maybe. Marantz SA-1 SACD retails for $7500 , can get one brand new from a local dealer for $4750. Is it worth it? Or better off with a Sony? Or should I just wait since I have zero super audio CDs and 12000 CDs. Thank you for the input.
rev_joe

Showing 2 responses by dan2112

I have the Purcell and the Delius so I am biased, but with that many CDs I would seriously consider buying a used Delius/Purcell combo. dCS's service after the sale is outstanding. Later when dCS releases the new SACD Transport you will have both upsampling for all your CDs and I am sure a wonderful sounding SACD transport. This is the path I am taking. If you have an analog preamp the Delius can do pass through as well. The dCS gear is truely wonderful stuff, but again I am biased. Cheers - Dan
One more thing ... Just talked to Audiophile Systems and they said dCS is planning on using the IEEE 1394 (aka Firewire) Interface between the SACD transport and the Delius/Elgar DAC. So dCS has chosen a standard interface, but now it remains to be seen what the other companies will do with their SACD Transports. - Dan