Marantz Esotec SM-1000 amp. Fraud ALert Ebay

An Ebay auction I was watching is a little sketchy for a 30 year old amp still sealed in box ?
A Marantz Esotec SM-1000 amp. Hey it's possible to have a sealed amp for 30 years , isn't it.

High Bid was at around $1500 for the last several days. So I had inquired a few questions showing interest to the seller and received no answer. I offered to buy at $1800 and he e-mailed me back and accepted my offer it.

I wake up this morning and the bid is just about at $4K.

Plus they changed and kept all the bidders private. I e-mailed and wanted an explanation and no response.

Something smells Bad on EBAY. I made a motto to stay away from buying anything on EBAY. Between this situation and the $50K for used B&W speakers on EBAY. I see EBAY attracts a lot of scam artists.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Marantz-Sm-1000-ESOTEC-Power-Amplifier-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ5872386439QQcategoryZ71547QQcmdZViewItem
lawyerman

Showing 1 response by washline

You should be careful about people hijacking accounts. This happens from time to time on Ebay. Usually they say that you must contact them by an alternative email account.