MARANTZ AV8003 Networking Preamplifier

Is the MARANTZ AV8003 Networking Preamplifier worth buying???
Has any heard this unit before?
128x128cruzinthrutheyears

Showing 2 responses by jallen

I have two, and like them both. I use it for 2 channel and HT and they are able to play a DVD with stereo speakers and send center channel info. equally to both speakers. I can watch DVD music and only use two speakers, and get a great central image. A very good sounding preamp, a big surprise to me. I am a tube guy, and have a very heavily modded tube preamp, and this is competitive, a real dark horse, a sleeper and way better than it has a right to be. I had a speaker manufacturer at my place to hear my music and he was floored by how good it sounded, with my Marantz. He just got a new Aesthetix Calypso, a fabulous preamp, so I want to compare and find out how much I am giving up. Can't go wrong though, and I use a tube amp with it in one system, and an ATI amp and they both are magical matches. It goes great with Quicksilvers. Jallen
If you get a 7005, rumour has it that the Japanese version is superior to the Chinese. They outsourced to China during the radiation issues. All 8003 were Japanese construction from my understanding. Jallen