Mapleshade or Butcher Block Acoustics

Needing an amp stand for my Pass XA 30.8 and from what I am reading, maple is the way to go.

So, does anyone have experience between Mapleshade and Butcher Block Acoustics?
flip49er

19mm 13-ply Baltic Birch ply is stiffer and less resonant than a plank of solid or laminated Maple. Some drum companies offer shells fabricated from Birch (most notably the German-made Sonor, the Rolls Royce of drum companies), for a sound somewhat different than the more common alternating-Maple/Gumwood 3/4/5/6-ply shells of other drum companies

The Radio King drums of the 30’s/40’s/50’s (played by Gene Krupa) had solid Maple shells (not plywood), and are very resonant and "woody" sounding (I have two sets of 1950’s Radio Kings). There is one contemporary drum company (Craviotto. John was [R.I.P.] a Santa Cruz-based drummer who was in Neil Young’s band in the 70’s, and one lineup of Moby Grape) making 1-piece, solid Maple shells, and they are very resonant (no glue between plies---there are no plies!).

So ya’ll like the sonority Maple adds to the sound of your systems?

No one should want one solid piece of wood because it will warp. That's why builders use amended wood etc.
Post removed 
A sheet of 19mm 13-ply Baltic Birch in the standard 5’ x 5’ size will cost one less than $100. It may then be cut into shelves of any dimensions desired. Each of the 13 layers is alternated 90 degrees relative to those on either side.
@bpd24,

No reason to doubt your post, IE: the effectiveness.

When choosing a platform, I think the material depends on what one’s goals are. For me, in my room,...which is a torture chamber for getting great sound.....it’s a small room, my tt (wall mount) is less than 4’ from one of my full range speakers and sub,....so I’ve had a lot of experience in getting great/effective sound by innovative isolation methods.

So, regarding Maple, it’s a hard substance which effectively transmits audio frequency vibrations with a resulting great tone/sound. I want a platform that does just that. To me, the birch-ply probably stores more energy than the maple. I’m just guessing. Having said that, one may prefer the other within their own system priorities.

I just cut my new wall mount platform shelves today, in my long quest.
One out of solid maple butcher block, the other out of solid birch butcher block. The maple will be under my tts.