Magneplanar speaker terminals. is there an adapter to....

I was looking at a photo of the back of Magneplanar .7 speakers.  They still use those dumb speaker terminals that will not accept a higher end banana plug, (possibly a twisted up spade lug)... Therefore, does anyone know if there is an adapter that works with their terminals and allows larger banana plugs to be used, or  simple spade lugs.  The company  makes great speakers, but is living in the Stone Age when it comes speaker terminals.   Thank you .
sunnyjim

Statman, you are 100% correct on all counts!!! Specialy about getting hooked, as I am. So the way I look at it, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do weather good, bad, or indifferent???    Rodman, since you've done this already, do crimp type posts exist??? If not, how many sodders are there??? Anything else one needs to know about to get this done??? Your reply/assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated!!!

smotojo...if you are anywhere near Northern Colorado, I would be happy to do this for you, free of charge.

I was  a Magnepan dealer for many years and have done this numerous times.
What an offer, I'd love to take advantage of, but I'm in NYC. If you look at my last post above and if you don't mind, maybe you could lend your expertise to the questions??? Thank you kindly for the offer, any and all info you can provide is greatly appreciated.
I’ve never seen any crimp style binding posts, but maybe they exist. You would have to solder (4) wires, the positive and negative on both speakers.

You just need to unscrew the (4) wood screws that hold the aluminum back plate on the speaker. Be careful pulling it out, it might snag the fabric, just go slow. Once the plate is off, you can see where the + and - wires are and how the wires and stock connectors are attached. Just unscrew the small nut that holds the connector on and whole connector will come off. Replace the now open hole with whatever binding post you decide, (I recommend the Cardas pure copper posts, but you can use whatever).  Depending on the connector, you might have to enlarge the hole a little bit.

It really is a pretty easy mod, but just take your time. Sorry you’re not closer, I could do this for you in about 20-30 minutes or less.

Good luck!

To Mofimadness and others who responded, I wish Magneplanar would get hip to the needs of its customers, and also the evolution  over the last 20 years of new speaker connectors, and the 5 way binding post.

bdp24 suggests getting rid of the whole terminal assembly ( which according to him improves the sound). So why doesn't Jim. Winey or whoever runs the company save us all  the grief regarding this issue, by redesigning the assembly, and if possible offering a simple DIY kit for owners of older Magneplanars.  I totally agreed with Statman, why does the customer have to necessarily do the surgery on the speakers, that should have been the responsibility of the design and marketing team. 

It is bad enough that most Maggie speakers are a pain in the butt to find proper acoustic placement,  generally  require a high power amp with high current, and are large in size starting with the 1.7 and going up the line