Magico A3 to A5

Folks, I had lived with the Magico A3s for a year or so, and I am swapping them to A5s in the next couple of weeks. Put the purchase order yesterday. Could anyone post their experience with the A5s either in possession or listening at some venue. I couldn't bring them home for audition as they are 180lbs. But at the dealer they sounded real nice driven with the T+A 3100HV.. And I have the same setup at home.. I am hoping I made the right decision moving from A3 to A5

rman9

I’ve owned the S5’s for several years now. I think they are fantastic. When I demoed them at the dealer I also got to hear the S3 and to me the S5 was clearly better. From what I understand the S5 mk2 is even better. I think they are a great choice but I’m biased. I drive mine with a Luxman M900U amp. 

I purchased my Magico A5 speakers nearly 2 years ago and could not be happier with them. To put it simply, they reproduce music that can sound amazingly like live music. Everyone who has heard these speakers is impressed. Build quality is second to none, also, they look great. I have no plans to ever replace/upgrade these speakers, I am there.

Thanks @mgattmch!! I love Magico, and the A3s they match perfectly with the Luxman C900/M10 combo. So when I added the T+A 3100HV I got a demo of the unit with the A5s at the dealer and it sounded such a perfect match with wonderful soundstage. I got my own T+A now and although they sound good with the A3s I still wasn't getting that same sense I got at the dealer. Hence the push to move to A5.. Thanks again for your feedback. I am nervously waiting for the A5s.. It should be here in about ten days..

Probably getting them paired with the right amp and cabling is the ticket. Based on early reviews I was ready to buy the A3 until I heard it. It was being used with Ayre equipment. I did not like the sound, it sounded too sterile to me.

Hopefully, the A5 is better, and since you have already heard them with the T&A amps that you own you should know what to expect.

ozzy

Always a crapshoot when we can't get a home demo. If your dealer has ANY open box amp/pre/int's you can bring home to compare after the A5's are broke in  it'll really help squash any doubt.