MA252 + Bluesound Node 2 + DAC? Or Naim Uniti Atom/Star?

I have a system consisting of some Emotiva gear and a pair of boutique speakers from a niche company that was called Digital Phase.  I have their flagship EP4 models.  I use primarily digital sources (Tidal & Spotify) but also have a Rega R3 I use as well.  I am looking to get a new integrated amp that improves on the Emotiva XPA amp I have plus a better sound source that goes digital to a decent DAC.  I was taken by the new MA252 that McIntosh has released and was thinking of pairing a Bluesound Node 2 and a DAC in the $1-2K range.  The MA252 also has phono in for the RP3.  Then I noticed the "all in one" Naim Uniti products that have come out.  I know there is a power difference between the Atom and Star but was curious to anyone's thoughts as to opinions on either path.  The separate components definitely has upgradability going for it but the simplicity and reduction in signal chain has pluses too.  Thoughts?  I'm in Atlanta so will try to listen to both amps but doubtfully on my own speakers.
wcniedba

Showing 1 response by jond

From what I read about your speakers they are 95db efficient and 8 ohms impedance with those specs why not try tubes?