Looking to simplify

At present have a Conrad-Johnson Premier 16 series II preamp, am very happy with it but am wondering about something new and different, though still tube oriented.
My wants are pretty simple, 2 pre outs, at least one line for a CD player and two others for auxiliary, one for a phono use.
Not looking for anything for home theatre or computer usage.
Let the suggestions fly.
Ag insider logo xs@2xuru975

Showing 3 responses by uru975

At present my speakers are Legacy Focus 20/20's but that may change, not sure yet.
Minorl, The sound is very nice, no problem. It is more a question of why have a ferrari when a BMW 3 series will do. The CJ has so many more capabilities than I use, so my thought was, what would be comparable with what I actually need or want and would be simpler in design?

Normansizemore, have heard Mac's for a long time and while to my ear they are fine they do not provide the magic. That is not meant to be a criticism just MY observation. You are very right, though, it is the disappointment that I seek to avoid.
I want to thank everyone for their contributions. My post should have been more concise. It is a simpler preamp that is sought. Having a pair of monoblock amps, Wyetech 211 M's, I am not looking to exchange out of them. Keep the posts coming.