Looking for phono preamp suggestions

My system 
sme 30/2 with Dynavector 17dx catridge, cardas clear beyond phono cable with xlr termination ,
ayre kx-r twenty preamp ,
ayre mc-r twenty monoblocks 
kef blade speakers 
cardas clear cables for rest of system .
cureently using ayre p-5 Phonostage .
asking for recommendations for upgrading the phono stage .
requirements xlr inputs and outputs.
looking for more depth and separation in sound stage and more sweetness / magic/ romance 
Thanks in advance .

newtoncr
My vote would go to an Octave Phonomodule! The big advantage beside it's sonic performance is that it can be configured as needed by the user! This implies approx. 10 different input modules, either RCA or XLR, either with step-up-transformer or not, either MM or MC. There are also different output modules available, either RCA or XLR, either with tubes (direct drive) or solid state. 
It can be further enhanced with separate "black box pre" ...."Black Box" is a kind of external capacitor which Octave is famous for especially for their power amps!
The design is more or less tubes (4) which allows to adjust for personal taste. There have been many rave reviews in the past, also in the US.
As it is a product from Germany it may be more difficult to get an audition in the US but it's worth to give it a listen IMO (I own one since almost 9 years and am very satisfied with the sonics and it's flexibility which can be changed if demanded)
Price starts at approx. 4400€ for the main unit and you can add your modules as needed!
My personal preference is the mc input module with step-up-transformer built in and switchable, it's also available with XLR termination! (the preferred Phono version by the CEO of Octave, Andreas Hofmann..btw!)
This is quite a good review although its an rather early one.  https://www.tonepublications.com/review/review-octave-phono-module-preamplifier/
Hope this gives you an additional option for upgrading your phono system.
Best regards from Austria

P.S. My system: Nouvelle Platine Verdier with Graham Phantom II, Ortofon Jubilee, Octave Phonomodule, ARC Ref.5SE, ARC Ref.75, ARC Ref. CD9 SE, Loricraft PRC 2 Vinyl cleaner, Focal Utopia Diablo Speakers, HMS Gran Finale Jubilee interconnects and power, Shunyata Andromeda speaker cables, 2x PS Audio P5, Synergistic Research Quantum Orange Fuses, Audiophile Base Starbase stands (UK)

@newtoncr:
I have forgotten to mention that I listened to a couple of phono stages before and also owned some of them .....incl. Aesthetix Rhea, ARC PH 5, PS Audio GCPH, ARC Ref.PH 2, Trigon, Jadis, etc. - they all didn't give me quite what you are looking for - sweetness/magic/romance .....the Octave Phono Module delivered exactly these things plus black background and less noise overall.....and tremendous flexibility!

Best,
Carlo

I have been using two phono stages from Whest Audio in England.  I have a customized PS30 RDT SE 2019 and it just blew several other phono stages I had been testing.  It's Single in Balanced out, but James may be able to customize the input if you were interested.  

I would suggest that you read his website customer reviews, there are hundreds and you can get the flavor of what each of these customers had been using prior to buying the Whest preamp, you'll get an idea of how these perform against many other preamps out there.
Agree with slimpikins5-  Whest stages are great. James is easy to work with. Very good VFM and provide a very clean, dynamic insight into what's on the record. I was a Titan Pro user for years but have recently upgraded to the MC Ref V - it's whole new world....