looking for interconnect under 200 dollars

looking for interconnect that has a nice soundstage with tight bass and decent midrange for under 200 dollars. Is there one out there or is this just a crazy pipedream.
danovak

Showing 2 responses by sherod

The Katipo interconnects from Antipodes are without a doubt the best value I've ever heard in an interconnect. I have tried many interconnects from the very inexpensive to the ultra-expensive and the entry-level Katipo, which is currently being auctioned on Audiogon, will hold its own against most of them. There's no question in my mind and to my ears that the Katipo is far superior to anything up to $200.00 and then some. What is also very cool about these interconnects is that their unique construction makes them much less system dependent than most cables. They sound great on just about every component. Take it from a long-time cable junky. These cables are very special. Their 30-day return policy is also a nice guarantee.
Hi John. Yes, I have two pair of the Komako, the next step up. I won a couple of the entry-level Katipo and paid the $140.00 upgrade for the Komako. The Komako is worth the slight additional cost. It is basically a Katipo, but with some gold and platinum added. The Komako also have the upgraded Xhadow connectors. The improvements are a little more natural timbre and tonal colors. Mark Jenkins, the owner/designer of Antipodes spent 6 years researching and developing his interconnects. He is a great guy to talk to if you have any questions about his interconnects. I would love to try his all-out assault Reference interconnects, but need to save up my pennies. (o: