Looking For Candidates For That Mythical 6922 Tube

I have spent a bit of time looking at 6922 tubes for a PS Audio BHK 250 Signature. I currently have two tubes that work relatively well, but really are not exactly what I need. 

So far it has been a pair of Siemens 6922 Gold Pin branded under RCA. Or a pair of Telefunken 6922. 

The Siemens have nice space, and a rich mid band. However the top end does not have the clarity and energy I would like. The Telefunken are more extended, but are lean in the upper mids, and have a bit of a threadbare feel. 

I have used Amperex Bugle Boy Holland and Orange Globe. I have tried some tubes from GE, Sylvania, Tungsram, and new Gold Lion. Nothing else betters the two I am currently using. 

Anyone have any recommendations that strike a balance between the Siemens and the Telefunken? I have read a bit about the Reflektor 6N23P with silver shield from 1975 as being a desirable tube. Any thoughts?

Any info you can pass along would be appreciated. 
neonknight
Neonknight, it is all about noise levels. I have an older ARC phono amp using 6922's. It is my favorite tube. Go here  http://www.tubeaudiostore.com/ and get Super Low Noise 6922's. All these tubes are tested and sorted into three groups (four actually as some are tossed) Normal, Low Noise and Super Low Noise. You get one Super Low Noise tube out of 100 tubes tested. I have been through a bunch of NOS tubes and none of them come remotely close to these. I am a pretty frugal guy but I promise you these tubes are realllly worth the money. I bought another set after Mr Modjesky passed on worried the store would close but fortunately it has survived.  
Long story short-- I feel that I have pretty much run the gauntlet on the 6922 tube variants over the years. I even had my eye on a BHK 
preamp wondering exactly what improvements I could render by adding a pair of my all time favorite tube . I did not buy the Pre so I may never know . I have a copland 305 CTA  I decided to keep . It uses 2- 6922 tubes .
I want to say that about the only 6922 tube that I have not spent time with over the years a CCa . So I really can't say too much about that .
 But I feel the best in my gear over the years would be the 6h23n or the 6n23p russian Voskhod not the Reflektor . Early 70s around 73, 74. 75 
or so . I bought a nice pair of Reflectors to try but they just did not have the natural tone in my system that the Vokhod's do .
The tubes are a giant killer and can be had on ebay at very good prices.
Be careful though , most all are out of russia or the Ukraine and they advertise NOS but most are used to some extent .
I have had pretty good luck overall with most of my dealings with them on ebay.
I have a tube tester and I keep backups around so if you want ?
PM me and I will arrange to send you a pair on loan to try .
They will be used but they will give you a pretty good idea of what you can get.
One other thing , you want the single post 6h23n/6n23p from the early to mid 70s .
DO NOT GET- the 6h23n-EB or the 6n23p-EVs . They are a more
rugged version but don't sound near as good .
Also--- I am not a big fan of Russian tubes . these are the only ones over the years that I feel really stand out . Even above the European tubes.
Hope that helps .
Just my 2 cents worth. YMMV
If looking for more punch up top, try Mullard 2492s or 2493s.  I ran the 2492s before switching to Telefunken E88CCs, and they were very good, just a little brighter than I wanted. 
Try real NOS 1960s and 1970s Amperex (Holland and USA made) 6922 tubes and not the later ones branded as Bugle Boy. Also Mazda may give you the great high end you are seeking. I personally go for a totally different sonic signature in my preamp and use NOS Mullards...liquid and smooth across the entire spectrum with a firm bottom end.
Regarding Amperex, I agree with @three_easy_payments that the premium tubes are way better than Bugle Boys. They were manufactured in both USA and Holland and are called 6922 Amperex PQ. Liquid midrange and an extended yet smooth top-end, it’s a lively tube.
Also, there's the 7308 Amperex PQ Holland, having more slam and a fuller, less transparent sound. As I said very lively tubes, but do not have the high-end energy of Siemens or Telefunken.