Looking at upgrading to a new MC cartridge any thoughts?

Hi everyone I had recently just bought a new Rega RP8 turntable and bought a Dynavector 20X2L as my first moving coil cartridge to see what all the hype is on MC. I was thinking of getting a second cartridge and use this one as a back up. I was looking at the dynavector XX2 MKII. over the 17D3 Because Im worried bout the diamond cantilever and getting dust very easily on it. But for the same money I could get the Rega Apheta2. So I must ask is the dynavector xx2 better preforming cartridge over the Aphata 2? Whats your guys thoughts on this?
128x128jakecanada
Another vote for the XX2 MkII.  I found it a distinct improvement from the 17D3.  It especially likes tube preamps, FWIW.

Have fun!
The Art 9 could be a too high compliant cartridge for a mid-mass Rega arm.Less than 8Hz resonance whereas the preferred Dynavector looks a good match at almost 11Hz tonearm/cartridge resonance.
effischer The phono preamp Is a all tube triode class A preamp and have a SUT with it that bounces the gain up to 73db. I think I should be good for xx2. My only question is how is the bass on the 17d3 compared to the 20x2L? I just like the price point of the 17D3 over the XX2.
@jakecanada 

my first moving coil cartridge to see what all the hype is on MC.

So what's the hype, Jake? 
Which MM did you tried before?