LittelFuses Series 285 AUDIO/MEDICAL Quality

After doing some research I found  Littlefuse sells  AUDIO/MEDICAL quality fuses  Series 285 
they are all slo-blow, buy come in various sizes including  5x20 

With the cost being less than $10, has anybody tried these over $100 "Audiophile" brands?

https://m.littelfuse.com/~/media/electronics/datasheets/fuses/littelfuse_fuse_285_datasheet.pdf.pdf
brubin

Showing 11 responses by nonoise

For all the objectivists who rely solely on measurements like those that John Atkinson posts in his measurement reviews, here's his latest on measurements:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/spectral-x-contamination-problems-op-amp-chips

It seems that even the smallest differences in measurements exact a penalty in sound quality when it's all summed up.

All the best,
Nonoise
Funny how he attempts to speak like he’s some kind of authority when it couldn’t be farther from the truth. He hangs out here, perusing the threads, waiting to pounce like a stalker.

His only comeback is his vaudevillian act. All he has is a quiver with only a few arrows that keep missing the mark, so he resorts to insults from having lost the argument oh so many threads ago.

All the best,
Nonoise
@boxer12,
My comment was meant for cakyol and not for you.
You just got your post up before mine. 😄
I was wondering if his gear was resolving enough and now that you've cleared that up, it makes a lot of sense.

All the best,
Nonoise
“Less harmless are those audio enthusiasts who are least secure: those whose toxic rage at a world that does not accept the authority of their opinions—a world that persists in enjoying recorded music in ways of which they do not approve—accomplishes nothing other than making our hobby seem repellant.”

--Art Dudley
From the person who said this:
Plus, silver oxidizes/tarnishes very quickly where exposed to air and may create contact issues in time.
There's this:
Silver and copper are both easily oxidized. The reason that silver and silver alloys are used for electrical contacts is because silver oxide is just as conductive as silver metal. Copper on the other hand has a non-conductive oxide and so it is typically not used for contacts unless there is some pretty heavy wiping occurring, i.e. the surfaces are scraped in the process of making a connection to cut through the oxide layer.
Draw your own conclusions.

All the best,
Nonoise

Georgie, you're not really all there, are you?

Calling someone else obsessed is textbook projection.

All the best,
Nonoise
I've seen that video many times before as it's always brought up in defense of aftermarket fuses but the naysayers always find some inane reason to discount it. 

Do yourself a favor and google Hi Fi Tuning Silver Star fuses for sale as they've been discontinued and are being scooped up at their $16 asking price, which is a bargain. Not all values are available so if you can't find the one you want stateside, try amazon and eBay over in Europe and go country by country if you have to. I've done it and it's no hassle. 

I've never had one blow and I use 5 of them in my gear for the last 6-7 years and they are more than a damn sight better than bog standard fuses. 

All the best,
Nonoise
@brubin,
Did you mean my pointing out the sarcasm that georgehifi always does when it comes to fuses? How about the two others that followed? Check the archives for any discussion on fuses and see what georgehifi contributes.

All the best,
Nonoise
I'll give this thread 5 posts, before it goes south.

Any bets?
Well, it took 8 posts. I should have taken the bet.

All the best,
Nonoise