Linn Linto, Lingo, Kairn & AV5103

I have a Lingo, early version in the smaller box, and Kairn with Brilliant Power supply connected to my LP12.

I was wondering how much of an improvement the larger Lingo II is than Lingo I, and if the Linto preamp is markedly better than the MC phono stage on a Kairn/Brilliant or an AV5103?

I am considering some upgrades but all the various Linn offerings can be confusing. I had always heard that the Phono stage on the Kairn with Brilliant was very good. It also appears that Linn is no longer going to offer a phono stage in their new multi-channel systems so I thought perhaps an upgrade to an AV5103 would provide a Phono Stage upgrade comparable to the Linto?

Also...If I upgraded to a Lingo II, would I just connect a new, larger Lingo box to the current connections, or are there other items to change inside the LP12 frame?

Which Linn upgrades would provide the most improvement for MC Phono? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
nsmith7

Showing 1 response by markphd

Linn are starting to introduce phono sections to their newer multichannel equipment. The Exotik preamp has just had a phono section added. I think there would be a lot of outrage amongst Linn afficionados if they abandoned phono stages just yet.