Linn Basic LVX or Rega RB300 ?

I recently bought an older Linn LP12. It has a Basic LVX arm.
Would it make sense to replace the arm with an RB300 arm from my Rega P3 which has not been in use for 25 years.
Just wanted to play some vinyl again so the reason for the Linn.
Alternately there are many arms to choose from and wonder if a Linn Ittok LVll might be a more suited choice.
Thanks to all who can help make an easier decision.
peterd

Showing 1 response by plangco

The Linn Basik LVX is a great sounding tonearm (and as a plus, has a detachable headshell). On my Linn Basik Turntable with a Shure VN5MR Cartridge, I acheived surprising synergy and sound that bested over half a dozen other turntable/cart combos including the Linn LP12, Oracle Alexandria, and a Rega Rp3 in my system. The sound was warmer than most with great soundstage, extention, and organic realism (to give a feel for what I mean, the sound was open, natural and warm with great soundstage, but not dull like a Grado cart might move the sound nor bright like an Ortofon cart or some Oracle turntables sound to me).

I liked the sound so much that I had a Cocobolo plinth built for the Linn Basik turntable and made sure to leave the wooden top alone as the steel topped Linn LP12 sounded just that, a little steely.