LinLai WE 300B or the LinLai Global Elite Permaloy 300B tubes ?

I presently am using Sophia Electric 300B mesh-plates and find them to sound good in general.  I originally used the Sophia Royal Princess 300B's and really loved the sound, however in my experience, reliability was really poor and for the price, it wasn't any fun trying to get replacements.  I'm getting ready to order new 300B's however would like to know if any of you have had experience with their WE 300B or their flagship Elite Permaloy 300B.
Thanks... John
128x128liquidsound

Showing 3 responses by willgolf

I have Canary Grand Reference 300B mono amps.  There are 16 300B tubes.  When I purchased the amps, I purchased Golden Lion tubes.  In talking with Canary they stated the biggest game changer for sound in their amps is not power cords, fuses etc, but WE 300B tubes.  In my case that would cost me $12k for 16.  I would love to swap out the Golden Lion tubes but that is a steep price to pay.  Anyone have any suggestions?  
Just received 16 WE 300B tubes for my Canary Audio Grand Reference Mono Amps.  Waiting for further directions from Canary before installing them.  I hope they sound WAY better than the Golden Lion.  
I have approximately 35 hours on the 16 WE tubes.  They are not fully biased yet but are currently at about 85%.  I was told to break them in slowly and that is what I am doing.  I will take up to full bias in a couple of days.

Early impressions compared to the Gold Lion.  Better bass response and separation of musical instruments.  I am hearing more of the light cymbals on drums, a more distinct pang of the piano,  better clarity, and definition.  Of course, I also have the Yellow QSA fuses in also to further enhance my overall experience.  

It was a major investment, but given that I listen to music 4 hours a day, it was worth it.