Lexicon RV8 vs McIntosh MHT200: best for 2 chnl?

Have N803/HTM1/DS7 setup with Pioneer vsx49tx. Want to improve overall sound quality, especially in 2 channel. I'm also considering separates, but that's a "separates" discussion (pun intended). Between these two, what's your opinion regarding SQ? I don't care about HDMI, video switching (I go direct into tv) or any new codecs or whatever you call them. I just want great sound from redbook CDs, some SACD/DVDA, and good old DD and DTS movies. Appreciate any opinions to help me decide. Thanks...Jeff
jeffkad

Showing 2 responses by aball

I heard some concert DVDs in an HT system using the MHT200 and I was knocked out. It was the first multichannel experience I thought was great. The soundstage was most impressive! It actually felt like a space rather than sounds coming from all directions. Not to mention the Mc looks really beautiful. When I get around to having an HT room one day, I will get an MHT200 and be done with it.

Arthur
Hey Jeff - the MA6500 is a super nice integrated. It has lots of detail and out-paces the 6900 hands down. I even listened to a 6500 playing Avantgarde Duo horns and the sound was still excellent - surprisingly so since the other amps on hand were KSL Kondos... And it has incredible power and bass definition considering the modest power rating. Its only downside is a tiny bit of grain the treble. But depending on what speakers you have and what you are used to hearing, that may not be an issue.

Arthur