Lewinskih01... used pc under 500.00... Thanks

Quicksilver 90 watt silver monos
Quicksilver LS preamp
Fritz speakers prototype... 2 way monitor with ScanSpeak 5" Illuminator mid/bass & ScanSpeak 9700 tweeter 13H x 71/2W x 12D... Skylan stands in 12x15 room
Kimber KCAG, interconnect
WyWires Blue speaker cable
Musical Fidelity M1 A dac
Theta Pearl transport
50's, 60's be-bop jazz, old rock and blues, movie scores
70 years old... not very music computer savvy
zoot45

Showing 3 responses by ml8764ag

Respectfully, i believe people way over think computer audio. Get a used iMac (2007 model or greater) and burn your music apple lossless connect to a good dac and the results can be stunning! If you want to take the last step to even better fidelity, install Pure Music (I tried them all...and found pm to be best to these ears). Imho...it only gets complicated when people try to do it with a Windows machine).

I never thought I'd embrace computer audio...now I can't imagine going back. (As I write...I have 1300 albums at my finger tips....heaven)
Lewinsky, all due respect, as your response is thoughtful and awesome. But the mere detail and length of it is exactly what freaks people out about computer audio!

It's not that hard unless you try to make a Microsoft product do something you (rather than Microsoft) wants you to do...or pay extra for.

Please don't write me off as an Apple fanboy...because my apple products were purchased specifically as a music server. (This tablet I'm typing on is an android:)

In closing...my digital sounds so good it's shocking...so much so I had nowhere else to go with my audio neurosis so, after 25 years, I'm getting back into vinyl which, so far, has not threatened my digital in the very least!
Actually... when I first read it....I was thinking pc meant "power cord" ; ) Regardless... good info!