Legal & Ethical Questions in the PC Audio Age

I haven't ripped my entire CD collection yet, but I probably will in the near future. And I'll continue to buy CDs until I can download them in Redbook or better quality. I'm wondering about the legal and ethical implications of disposing of physical CDs once I've ripped them.

(I appreciate the value of keeping them around for archival purposes, but let's suppose that I'll want to get rid of some of them.)
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin

Showing 3 responses by uru975

Jmcgrogan2 According to J Paul Getty, the meek will indeed inherit the earth but not the mineral rights.

Ethics are not only for the poor, who can usually least afford them but for those who seek to be ethical. It is an open invitation to any and all. None are excluded except by thier own self exception.

If one want the world to be a certain way it is often best if one acts as if that is the way it is and accept all that goes with the attempting of making the world an ethical place to live. Good, bad, and indifferent.
Tomcy6,
It is a nice point but the truth of the matter, at least where food is concerned, is that there is absolutely no lack of food for anyone in this world. What we see is a lack of political will or resources, used to getting food from where it is grown to where it is needed. We have actually, as a world had plenty of food for the last 20 or 30 years. Political greed, monetary greed, lack of infrastructure have lead to famine, starvation, and privation but not a lack food. So being a glutton is fine because there is no lack only a very poor distribution system and some political inability to want people to be fed.
Kijanki,
Ethical relativism is still equivocating(sp?). Ethical behavior tries to avoid such things, such as saying well this is much worse. Do we all do things that are less than examplary, probably to some extent. It is the willingness not to that moves the bar towards a better world, not the thought that these scoundrals, thieves and worse are much, far more, worse than me.
Not claiming any ethical high ground just postulating a view that perhaps one can move towards, including me.