Leben CS-300 compared to Red Wine

In the market for an amp to join a pair of Devore Nines, with digital source (Mac); room about 17x25x8.

I heard the Leben with the Nines and loved the combo, just about ready to commit. However, obsessive audio speculation compels me to keep wondering about unopened doors, lately Red Wine, which I've read was another good match for those speakers.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to hear any of their gear---specifically I was intrigued by the Signature 30.2 amp and Isabella pre---so I wonder if anyone can offer any wisdom from personal experience: Leben sound, Red Wine sound? And what does it mean that Vinnie Rossi's gear is supposed to hit some middle ground between tubes and SS?

Many thanks.
price

Showing 1 response by watercourse

Sorry for late response. I had the Red Wine 30.2 power amp and it had issues driving my Devore 9s to very loud levels. The 30 watts did not provide enough power to the 9s, and the telltale compression of highs ensued. Plus, the Red Wine seemed to have a mid-bass emphasis and had problems controlling bass in general compared to other Class D amps I've had in my system. However, soundstaging and imaging were very nice, and it was dead quiet.
Good luck!