Laser recommendation for Spkr set-up?

Curious what you guys are using to set-up your speakers other than a measuring tape, square and tape and any particular brand that works best?

thanks
128x128wig

Showing 4 responses by zd542

You should be able to set your speakers up without using a laser and get results that are just as good. For certain speakers, like Vandersteen, a laser makes more sense because you have to set the back tilt. But its still not necessary. Its more of a convenience factor.

If you're still looking to buy a laser level, Lowes carries Bosch. It should be more than adequate for setting up speakers. Possibly even overkill. Also check MSC and see what they have to offer.
"NOT overkill...every speaker set up will be dramatically easier and sound dramatically better than if you didn't use it."

I meant for accuracy, not convenience. You can still do just as good a job without it. It will just take you longer.
"Do yourself a favor and don't go out to a decent dinner one weekend and put the $$ into the Bosch. Trust me: A NO Brainer. Have fun."

As luck would have it, I can eat tonight. I already have a laser level and a laser ruler. If you look at my first post, you'll see I gave the OP some suggestions as to where he can buy his own. That said, I can get the same results either way. An inch is an inch.It doesn't matter how expensive the ruler is. I have many digital measuring tools, and they all need to be calibrated from time to time. The calibrations are all analog. Weights, bars, levels, etc.. They're just tools. The user is what makes the difference.
"09-13-15: Wig
Just ordered one any tips on using it?"

I don't know if this matters to you or not, but the Bosh I have only does feet. No inches. If you need to measure in inches, you have to manually convert. Metric doesn't have this problem. Also, I don't know Bosh does it this way with all their models, or just mine. I'm pretty sure Makita's do inches, but I think they cost a little more.