Large room with low budget for speakers

Hey everyone I have been having issues finding the right kind of boxed speakers that would work in my room well that won’t be too dry on the bass region my set up has an array of Rel woofers my budget is 30k but all the speakers that would be big enough would be around 60k and up I have looking into brands like Focal, Rockport, and Wilson audio but none of the smaller speakers from these brands are very impressive in my room 

128x128shawarma

I'm not sure of the price in dollars, Bowers and Wilkins 802 D4s work well in large rooms.

High end Magnapans.  They can fill any room, and don't cost an arm and a leg.  If you can't afford new, go back a few years.  Even more of a bargain.  Big, enveloping soundstage!  Instruments and voices that sound "as in the room" if speakers positioned correctly through experimentation.

Shawarma,

makes it a bit tricky to reply when we don't have the dimensions of your room.

The bigger the room the more powerful amplifier you're going to need.

If you like the sound of them, an ideal speaker for a large room are the Klipsch Horns, 103dB, 8ohms impedance. Purchased used, you'll have lots of money left over to buy good amplification!!!

The nice thing about the used Klipsch Heritage speaker line is this. Years after the initial purchase, and your ears start to critique a short coming in the speaker (they all have them), there are plenty of upgrades for not a ton of money. Check Bob Crites, or Volti Audio for upgrades.

In other words, they maybe lifers.

Enjoy the voyage.

yyzsantabarbara

3,097 posts

Give GIKAccoustics a call and see if they can help you sort out your room before you spend that $30K.

You should create a Virtual System page on Audiogon. It will also help if you call GIK.

Best info given. 

It’s probably not the speakers and more your room at this point and budget. Is the room treated?